SAN JOSE, Calif., March 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Today at the Bank Innovation Conference, Kasisto announced KAI Insights, significantly extending the capabilities of its conversational AI platform that powers smart bots and virtual assistants for financial institutions. With Insights and Conversation tightly integrated as part of the KAI Banking platform, bots and assistants can seamlessly process banking data to predict customers’ financial needs and make actionable recommendations – all via human-like conversations.
More than 70 percent of consumers would be willing to receive computer-generated banking advice, as noted in a recent Accenture survey of 33,000 consumers across 18 countries. In addition, Gartner estimates that by 2020, customers will manage 85 percent of their relationship with a business without interacting with a human. Kasisto’s customers are paving the way toward that future by defining how consumers will engage with their banks.
On its own, a financial institution’s raw data is not enough to drive intelligent conversations and actionable recommendations. With KAI Insights, the disparate and often uncategorized data is continually augmented and enriched so Kasisto’s conversational engine can leverage the high quality data, understand users and generate a customized, personalized, contextual response in the way people actually speak and text with one another. KAI Insights takes data analysis to the next level by creating data-driven triggers based on patterns and events which are used by the conversational engine to offer proactive recommendations, contextual promotions and real-time notifications. The combination of insights and conversation is what enables KAI-powered assistants and bots to become powerful “do engines” – predicting needs, solving problems and fulfilling requests for consumers.
With KAI, financial institutions meet the increasing demands and expectations of their customers who want immediate answers, personalized recommendations and excellent user experiences. It enables entirely new omni-channel banking experiences that help:
- Reduce customer care costs by eliminating and qualifying customer inquiries. KAI-powered bots and assistants proactively inform customers about transactions and patterns, and suggest actions to self serve.
- Increase sales of products and services with contextual offers. KAI-powered bots and assistants cross-promote and upsell with personalized call-to-actions.
- Improve customers’ financial well-being and literacy. KAI-powered bots and assistants provide data-driven recommendations and insights to help customers manage their money.
- Increase brand loyalty by highlighting unrealized features and benefits to consumers about current products and services.
“We have significant traction in the market and valuable experience under our belt deploying KAI at various financial institutions,” said Zor Gorelov, CEO and Co-Founder of Kasisto. “With this production experience, we’ve learned that often there is a need to augment banking data to fully unleash the benefits and power of our conversational platform. That’s why it is so important to have Insights and Conversation working hand in hand. The heavy lifting that Insights does with the data is really what makes the conversation intelligent, and ultimately a more personal and meaningful banking experience.”
KAI Insights creates experiences that help financial institutions increase engagement and conversion in entirely new ways, such as:
- Proactively asking a customer if they want to set a travel alert on a credit card after they made an airline purchase and walking them through creating the alert
- Suggesting that a customer move money from their savings account to checking to cover a bill that is due soon.
- Informing a customer about a credit card benefit, like extended warranty, after a large purchase at an electronics store.
- Notifying a customer when a goal is achieved, like eating out less, and recommending that they open a savings account.
Kasisto licenses KAI Banking to financial institutions, including the world’s most innovative retail banks, credit card companies, brokerage houses and wealth management firms. Publicly announced customers include DBS Bank, Mastercard and Varo Money, while other leading financial institutions are in various stages of piloting the platform.
Kasisto was founded in 2013 with the vision of enabling companies to engage and transact with their customers through intelligent conversations, anytime, anywhere. Kasisto’s conversational AI platform, KAI, offers enterprises a comprehensive AI technology stack combined with industry-specific domain expertise to make bots and virtual assistants well versed in the businesses they serve. As an SRI International spin-off, Kasisto leverages decades of research and development in artificial intelligence. KAI Banking enables financial institutions to add virtual assistants and smart bots to their mobile apps, websites and leading messaging platforms. With an emphasis on great user experience, KAI-powered virtual assistants and smart bots are easy to implement, customize and maintain. For more information visit www.kasisto.com and follow @kasistoinc on Twitter.