Photo Credit: IANS
The Latest: Top stories of the day
1. The Delhi Police want the National Investigation Agency and the Special Cell to probelinks between Jawaharlal Nehru University and the terrorist, Afzal Guru.
2. The Congress and the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam will contest the Tamil Nadu polls together.
3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi opens the Make in India Centre in Mumbai.
4. India is “too tolerant” of intolerance, says economist Amartya Sen.
1. In the Hindu, Gopalkrishna Gandhi explains how the decision to impose President’s rule usually emanates from Delhi.
2. In the Telegraph, Ruchir Joshi on everyday racism in India.
3. In the Indian Express, read Amartya Sen’s lecture on dissent and freedom in India.
4. In Mint on Sunday, Sowmiya Ashok explores the lives of two men who had escapedbonded labour.
5. In Mint Lounge, Somak Ghosal on what literature tells us about love and aging.
6. In the Guardian, Jason Burke on how it’s time for the West to update its image of Inda.
7. Also in the Guardian, Robert McCrum imagines a sequel to War and Peace.
8. In the New Yorker, Nicola Twilley gives you the inside story of how scientists finally found gravitational waves.
9. In the Independent, Alexander Lenz on why you should care about the discovery of gravitational waves.
10. In the Washington Post, Yoav Fromer on why Democrats shouldn’t fear Bernie Sanders’s talk of a revolution.