LASALLE College of the Arts is at the leading edge of contemporary arts education in Asia and works in close partnership with GOLDSMITHS, University of London, which validates its degree programmes and collaborates on teaching exchanges and research initiatives. It has set an agenda for excellence to bring the College to the forefront of international arts pedagogy, practice and research.
The College has implemented a new academic structure, which provides appointment opportunities for a new Dean.
DEAN – FACULTY OF FINE ARTS, MEDIA & CREATIVE INDUSTRIES
The Faculty of Fine Arts, Media & Creative Industries incorporates three schools: McNally School of Fine Arts, Puttnam School of Film & Animation and School of Creative Industries.
The McNally School of Fine Arts continues to lead fine arts education in Asia-Pacific and to produce internationally renowned contemporary artists. It offers Diploma, BA (Hons) and MA programmes in Fine Arts, and the world’s first Masters degree in Asian Art Histories. The School promotes innovation and experimentation in arts practice and research, collaboration across art forms and a critical engagement with Southeast Asia.
The Puttnam School of Film & Animation offers Diploma and BA (Hons) programmes in Film, Animation, and Broadcast Media. These emphasise effective storytelling, multidisciplinarity, and the integration and utilisation of emerging technologies.
The School of Creative Industries covers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, from Arts Management to Art Therapy, as well as preparatory arts programmes. The School engages in a close and proactive relationship with the creative industries sector, which is growing rapidly in Singapore and attracting significant public and private sector investment.
You will have experience in and commitment to research and artistic experimentation, and proven engagement with the international visual arts community and the creative and professional studies sector. You will have a strong record in teaching, and academic leadership and management roles within higher education.
The Dean of Faculty position provides an exceptional opportunity to contribute to the formulation and development of new strategic initiatives and postgraduate programmes, and to lead outstanding teams of local and international academic staff.
You will be responsible for developing and sustaining an environment of academic and professional excellence; for championing strategic interdisciplinary initiatives; and for nurturing a research culture encompassing both practice-as-research and publication-based outputs. You will foster a positive and collaborative working environment within the Faculty and across the College, develop networks, partnerships and projects with the visual and creative industries, manage financial performance and resource planning, and promote the Faculty’s programmes actively in Singapore and internationally.
- Relevant postgraduate qualification at PhD level, or equivalent
- A distinguished specialist in the relevant field
- Strong leadership, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Strong Academic leadership and management experience
- More than 15 years teaching experience at higher education level or equivalent
- A demonstrable commitment to research, preferably through a successful record of research publications and/or practice-based research outputs
- A demonstrable ability to initiate interdisciplinary projects/collaborations and partnerships, and to form and lead successful teams.
- Extensive understanding of academic quality assurance frameworks for learning and teaching within higher education
- Experience as an external examiner in higher education and/or an external advisor to arts agencies and organisations
- Ability to work successfully within a multicultural context
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective planning and resource management skills
Please submit your letter of interest, current curriculum vitae and any relevant supporting materials, indicating current and expected salary and enclosing a recent passport-sized photograph, by e-mail to: [email protected] or in writing (stating clearly the position applied for on the envelope) to:
Director – Division of Human Resources
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
Closing date is 30 April 2016 OR until position is filled.
More information on the Institution can be found at www.lasalle.edu.sg
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.