Freedom 251 is the hottest trend in tech right now and while a smartphone at Rs. 251 sounds great, there are plenty of questions around the mobile and Ringing Bells, the company behind it.
If Rs. 251 is a big amount for you, we’d advise to keep your hard-earned money with you for now, and wait for the proverbial dust to settle on this debate. If, however, you understand the risks associated with ordering a Freedom 251 right now and are still interested in buying one, but unable to do so because of the problems with the freedom251.com website, following these steps will help you complete your purchase:
- Visit freedom251.com/cart directly. If this opens as a blank page or gives you an error, please keep refreshing – it worked for us on the 8th try.
- Fill in your details like name, address, email, and mobile number and click Order Now.
- If you see an error or a blank page, keep refreshing. If you see a dialog box asking you to confirm form submission, keep saying OK and keep refreshing until it works – it worked for us on the 21st attempt, for example.
- You will be redirect to page similar to freedom251.com/index.php/guest/order_successfull/ABC245589816259872 and that page may be blank again, but keep refreshing again until you see the Order Placed page.
- Wait, you are still not done ordering Freedom 251 because you haven’t entered your payment details. Now you need to wait for an email that will be sent to the email address that you entered in step 2. We are told that you may have to wait up to 48 hours to receive this email. Remember to keep checking your Junk/ Spam folder.
- When you eventually receive the email, it should contain a link for you to complete payment for your order. Do this, and your Freedom 251 booking ordeal should finally be over.
(Also see: Freedom 251 in Pictures)
As you can see the process of ordering Freedom 251 is far from ideal, and we recommend you shouldn’t be giving any amount to a company that makes you jump through such hoops. If you still want to buy the Freedom 251, you now know how.
In case you’ve been living under a rock the last couple of days, the Freedom 251 is a Rs. 251 smartphone, arguably the cheapest in the world, that launched in New Delhi on Wednesday. It comes with a 4-inch display, a 1.3GHz quad-core processor, 1GB of RAM, and 8GB of storage (expandable by up to 32GB), and runs Android 5.1.
(Also see: Freedom 251 full specifications)