Welcome to the 210th edition of Android Apps Weekly! Here are the big headlines from the last week:
- Pokemon Go might get some new features soon. The developers acknowledged that playing games on AR is rough. You spend all your time looking at your phone. The new feature could include audio cues. That way you know when Pokemon are around, where Poke Stops are, etc. There is talk that it might be a hallmark feature in the follow-up game to Pokemon Go.
- The classic infinite runner Into the Dead is getting a sequel. Into the Dead 2 is launching to the Play Store on October 13th. The new game will contain 60 levels across seven chapters. Most of the mechanical elements should be similar to the first game. It’s available for pre-registering on Google Play right now.
- Chainfire released a new website this week for root users. The site is a spot for devs, root users, etc to find stock boot and recovery images. It’s mostly stuff for Google Pixel and Samsung phones. It should expand over time to include more devices. It should also make finding such files easier for beginners and advanced users alike.
- Google Assistant is getting some new features. At least we think so. During an APK tear down, it revealed some new information. Included is an Active Edge feature that may be similar to HTC’s phone squeezing feature. There are also hints of features like customizable short commands for Assistant. These may or may not be real, but it would be cool if they were.
- Minecraft’s long awaited Better Together update is out. The game allows for cross-platform play between console, PC, and mobile. Namely, it works on Xbox, Windows 10, VR, and mobile devices. In addition, they added a bunch of other items to the game. They also announced that the game is coming to the Nintendo Switch.
You can find more Android apps and games news, releases, and updates in our weekly newsletter by clicking here! You can also subscribe to the newsletter with the form below! As usual, check out our Android Authority app for even faster updates.