With most people across the length and breadth of the country having spent the majority of both 2020 and 2021 proverbially confined to barracks due to the outbreak of the worldwide coronavirus pandemic, this summer is the time to plan a plethora of adventures together with your significant other.
So, with this in mind, here, for your information and reading pleasure, are 3 live event ideas for an exciting date night this summer.
1. A Dramatic Play
There is truly nothing like the sensory experience of sitting in a busy theater and enjoying the sights, sounds and the journey actors take you on when watching a live dramatic play. Live theater has taken a considerable hit over the last two and a half years, not least due to the closures of hundreds of theaters across the country for the duration of the pandemic and if you and your partner are theater-lovers, it is your duty to support them.
There is a wide plethora of benefits to spending a night out at the theater, especially with your romantic partner, including but certainly not limited to the following:
- A way to encourage your own creativity to flourish and a means of getting inspiration
- The promotion of social structure awareness and overall tolerance
- The overall improvement of attention, focus and concentration
- A key for better self-expression
- All-encompassing immediacy
- The promotion of an emotional experience and connection with the story
- Substantial influence on individual character
- The opening of the door into more comprehensively understanding the world of drama
- A way to make new memories together as a couple
- A beautiful way of opening and expanding your mind
2. A Music Gig
If there is a particular band or musician who both you and your partner have either followed for many years or else have only recently discovered, then booking a couple of tickets to the band’s next gig is a fantastic idea for a date night. When searching for concert tickets for the best seats at an affordable price, ensure you go through a reputable and renowned retailer who don’t charge the proverbial earth in fees and additional service costs.
There are many people across the length and breadth of the country and beyond who believe the exposure to live music at a celebration, party or even a corporate business function to be greatly superior for a number of reasons, including the following, to name but a few:
- A feeling of togetherness between not only you and your new partner, but with the rest of the attendees
- The opportunity to reflect when letting go and letting the sights and sound of the gig proverbially take you over
- A way to meet new people and even make new friends that you and your partner can catch up with at a future gig
- If you book the gig for a few months advance and not as a surprise for your other half, it can be a brilliant thing to focus on and look forward to
- A way to dance and let loose
3. Musical Theater Performance
The third most exciting date night idea for you and your cherished significant other is again at the theater, but this time to go and see a fabulous musical theater production.
Contrary to popular belief, musical theater is not just camp and diamantes (although admittedly, some stellar shows such as the fantastic La Cage aux Foilles make a point of just that) and there are also a number of more serious and historically accurate musical stories which are as educational and enlightening as they are entertaining.
Live events are the perfect way to spend a memorable evening with your partner and there is no reason why you cannot continue the evening after the performance with a lovely meal and one or two drinks.